Monday, March 24, 2003



Weekend Warrior?

What a weekend. I went on a retreat to the Cape, but found it hard to really enjoy myself knowing that people were being slaughtered and shot up and bombed over in Iraq and Kuwait. I'm still not totally clear on how I feel about this war...I keep going back and forth. I do think Bush is an idiot most of the time and his foreign policy is questionable, to say the least, but then again--Hussein is a horrible dictator who's had 12 years of diplomatic efforts thrown at him, with no changes. Sigh.

I told Amy the other day that if women were the majority as heads of state around the world, we would not have to worry about all these stupid macho man pissing contests between countries.

Although women in power...hmm, they'd probably just cry a lot and have babies. Haha. Kidding, that's from Comedy Central.

You have to try to keep some sense of humor and sanity these days, maybe turn off the TV for a bit and try to step back for a second to think and pray or whatever you do to keep clarity and hope. I vandalize cars, for example, but you know, some folks hold candlelight vigils or give hugs or meditate. But I say there's nothing better than taking a baseball bat to a windshield to help one wipe away those feelings of "What can I do to help in these traumatic times?" and "Why are all my damn March Madness picks losing?"

But well...whatever side you're on with the war, at least support our troops, whether you think they should be in Iraq or not.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home