Monday, April 21, 2003

Today is the Boston Marathon, aka "Have a good time trying to get anywhere in the city if you're one of the few saps who still has to work on this made up holiday called 'Patriots Day.'"

The atmosphere is fun, even my coworker and I ran up onto the roof of our office building downtown when the marathon started so we could watch the F-15 jets fly over. Then we noticed there were all kinds of folks out on the tops of various apartment buildings on their patios having barbecues and such.

I need to work for the state, they get every holiday off. I had never heard of Patriots Day before I moved up here. Some say there's history behind it, and I'm sure there is, but it also still feels a little made up to me. We only get the major federal holidays off here at my lovely place of employment.

Oh, and here's one of the funnier parts of the marathon...Will Ferrell is running it! I'm not sure if he'll be streaking for the entire 26.2 miles, but who knows. Film at 11.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home