Wednesday, June 11, 2003

lazy lazy lazy

I don't post often because I never feel like my life is interesting. Or, they'll be a quick moment when it is, but then I can't write it out well or I go blank when I get to the screen. Thanks ash for making me get off my lazy arse and write something. I will try to be more regular about it...like fiber or bran or something.

What's been going on? Well, my lovely wife has finally graduated from divinity school. We attended the big ol' Harvard graduation, which is so pomp and circumstance that you just have to see it. They even have the sheriff of Middlesex County open up the whole big graduation by slamming this huge staff on the ground and yelling, "AS THE HONORABLE SHERIFF OF MIDDLESEX COUNTY, I KNOW CALL THIS EVENT TO ORDER!!" What was funnier was that the staff he slammed into the ground broke, and he quickly recovered by saying, "Must have been made in Connecticut." Everyone laughed, always got to get a little dig in on Yale, I guess.

But my parents and Amy's parents were in town all weekend and we dragged them all over the city for sight-seeing. We even took them candlepin bowling, New England's favorite pasttime--besides driving like maniacs and hating the Yankees.

Now Amy and I just have to figure out where we're going to next. States in the running include: staying where we are, Maryland, Ohio, Indiana, and California. Who knows? Amy can't officially start looking for pastor work until her final ordination meeting in September, so that kinda stinks that she has to be a temp or something all summer. She commented that she can't believe that she has a masters and has had seven years of higher education, yet she now has to be a temp and doesn't feel qualified for most of the jobs. Job-hunting sucks.

Okay, back to work. I now pledge to not be as lazy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home