Wednesday, August 20, 2003

After digging through some old files last night, I found a few short stories I wrote when I was high school. I'll post them. Here's one.

George

Goerge always tried to fit in with the rest of us, but there was just something different about him.

We always tried to welcome him in and accept him. We slapped his back to show our approval when he tried to dance with us -- even though he always just ended up rolling around on the floor. What else were we supposed to slap?

And when George joined us in our music room to add to our singing, we didn't act like we minded when, as usual, he started his uncontrollable drooling. We just always brought our rain gear and sat at somewhat of a distance. What else were we supposed to do, duck continuously?

George always bragged about his amazing ability to play the piano with his tongue. We simply smiled and believed him, not wanting him to really show us. Hey, would you want a slimy piano?

It was just that one day when he decided to go bungee jumping with us. That pushed Bobby past his limit.

"GEORGE!" Bobby screamed. "You have no freakin' limbs? How are you gonna jump when the cord is supposed to be tied to your ankles?"

George looked at his body, and his eyes grew very large.

"I don't have any limbs?!" George gasped.

George always tried to fit in with the rest of us, but there was just something different about him.

----------

I can see some rewrites of that already, things that could make it a little better. Yet overall it isn't too bad, I guess. Certainly matches my warped mind in those days. Reminds me of the roots of my warped-ness, if you will. Actually, also kinda reminds me of this really odd book called Creepy Susie, by Angus Oblong. It's this book of hilarious twisted children's stories with funny pictures. A definite must-read, his stories blow mine away.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home