Thursday, August 07, 2003

Hasta la vista, special interests

Holy geez, Arnold has decided to put his name on the California ballot.

I'm sure someone's made all of these jokes already, but I must also get them out of my system. I love this paragraph:

Vowing to "bring California back to what it once was," Schwarzenegger, 56, said on NBC's "The Tonight Show" Wednesday that he's running on a platform to battle special interests and "clean house" in Sacramento.

And this quote is also priceless:
"This man (Gray Davis) has to go," he said. "I will go to Sacramento, and I will clean house," Schwarzenegger said.

I just immediately pictured Arnold kicking the door of Davis' office open and shooting the place up, then throwing Davis into a heating vent. Then someone would ask, "Where did the governor go?" and Arnold would answer in his wonderful accent,

"He had to let off some steam."

That's actually from one of his action films. He's had so many good lines over the years. I love his line from his movie Commando where he drops some guy off a cliff and a woman asks him, "Where did the bad guy go?" and Arnold answers,

"I had to let him go."

Come on! California needs some ass-kickin' like that. His campaign commercials should show him reaching out to the people of California who are running from a mutant robot Gray Davis, and Arnold should say,

"Come with me if you want to live."

I love Arnold. When I was a kid, I had this big carboard cut-out of him from the movie Raw Deal, and he was holding this shotgun and wearing his dark glasses. I also had a big framed photo of Arnold riding on his Harley in the Terminator movie.

The only thing is, I don't know much about Arnold's politics. I do know he is a conservative, which could be scary because I hope he's not a crazy conservative who will be chasing down the gay Californians on a Harley Davidson with a sawed-off shotgun -- and by "sawed-off shotgun" I mean horrible laws that restrict and take away civil rights.

And well, it is only a recall vote, so I don't know how much of a chance Arnold has at getting elected this time around. We shall see. Maybe if he doesn't win, someone in the future will send back another Arnold to help him get elected. Sweet, two Arnolds.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home