Friday, August 08, 2003

Well, yesterday had a first: I helped make a beer run for my office. We have a guy who's last day is today, so we decided that rather than go out after work, we'd bring the bar to our office.

I do enjoy my job most of the time, but it's when I get the random fun requests that I really enjoy it. Our GM comes up to my desk at 4pm and says, "I'm going to need help getting some beer." Hey, who's going to pass up an offer like that?

So we went down to the local liquor store and got a few six packs. And then we all drank in the office. Maybe it doesn't sounds that cool, but it felt that way. Our previous GM never would have allowed that one. Hell, we usually just celebrate birthdays and going-aways with an ice cream cake (not to knock the ice cream cakes, they rule). But to finish off a little of my work while drinking a beer, and then to just sit around with our small office and chat while drinking away was really nice.

We'll call it team-building.

In other news, I'm off to the Red Sox game tonight. I am going by myself, which is kind of weird, but who cares? It's a Sox game! The wife got me the ticket for free while she was at work. Someone there had an extra and was giving it away. So, I'll be in the right field bleachers tonight with my glove and rain poncho. I'm hoping it won't rain, but it has been like living in Florida this week. The humidity is unbearable and it's been raining all week.

Also, I'm off to a friend's house tomorrow night to watch some movies, and we can't decide what to rent. If anyone has some recommendations, go ahead and post a comment. I like all kinds of genres. Let's see what you guys and gals and dream up for ideas.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home