Wednesday, September 10, 2003

Aretha Franklin is just the coolest. So is James Brown -- except for that whole wife-beating thing. But I love music that makes you wanna get up and dance around right where you are. I often bring music like this to work, both to listen to while in transit and while at work.

And that's what brings me to another addition on my Christmas List.

Heather's Christmas List
1. Selective Vincent Price Laugh Ability
2. Random Where-I-Am Dance Routines

One time I was listening to an oldies station at work and the song "Downtown" came on. I immediately wanted to start singing it out loud and have the whole office join in. Then we would all suddenly move into a choreographed dance routine using our desks and chairs and there'd be twirling and such. And then I thought, man, wouldn't it be cool if that could just do that whenever you wanted?

You're sitting on the bus listening to Aretha Franklin's "Chain of Fools" on your Walkman, and then it's being broadcast over the bus' speakers and everyone starts swaying back in forth in time and tapping their toes.

You're enjoying a nice meal at a restaurant when James Brown's "Sex Machine" comes on. Boogie down, toss a waiter through the air, eat your riblets to the beat.

I know Drew Carey did some similar things in his show. I'd like to do it too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home