Tuesday, September 09, 2003

There are good and bad parts to getting older. I'm not saying I'm old -- I'm saying that I'm aging, so please don't jump on me about "You're only 25! That's not old! I'm 434 and all my limbs fell off and you don't see me complaining!" I actually don't know anyone who reads this site that would say that, but let's get it out of the way.

What I'm talking about is how the body changes. I've written before about how I have some joints that sound like cement mixers when I crouch, but now I'd like to move on to my internal organs.

When I was a kid, I could eat anything. I wasn't allergic to anything. Yet during the past few years, the "List of Foods I Can't Eat Without Going Through Some Trouble" has gotten longer. Two of the most recent additions make me weep bitterly when standing in the kitchen, staring at them longingly.

Ice cream is one of the new additions. I've been trying to switch brands to see if this helps, but it's not going very well. I don't know if I'm becoming lactose intolerant or what, but I find this twist of fate a cruel one.

The other food-smack-in-the-face involves chocolate. There are now some types of chocolate I can't eat without feeling like my stomach is going to jump out, like in Aliens or something. Fortunately, this does not happen with all types of chocolate. Yet.

This is all trivial, I know. There are much worse ailments or predicaments in life that I could be going through. This is just another silly thing I have to be aware of when it comes to stocking the fridge and not feeling like death after dinner.

I hope I can live to the ripe old age of 434 and be there to see all my limbs fall off. I'll celebrate it with a bowl of ice cream and Trader Joe's chocolate chips.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home