Monday, October 06, 2003

All sports, all the time

Wow, what a sports weekend. Saturday I watched college football for most the afternoon. It was very pleasant watching Michigan get spanked by Iowa. Any time Michigan loses it's a good thing.

Then Saturday night we had some friends over and watched that amazing Red Sox game where Trot Nixon hit the winning home run in the 11th inning. All of us danced around and yelled and screamed -- you could hear our whole apartment building doing the same thing.

Sunday we went out to Walden Pond, and then we listened to the game on the radio on our way back. When they won, we honked the horn and yelled and screamed. People in the cars around us were staring and then we yelled out what happened to them, and then they all started honking and cheering.

This city is great to live in when the teams are doing well. I lived up here when the Patriots won the Super Bowl a few years back. That night we could hear people screaming all night. I guess downtown there were people flipping cars over. Heck, it's a great city to live in even when the teams are losing. Boston fans are die-hard fans.

Go Sox!


And one more thing...The Cincinnati Bengals (my favorite football team, I can admit it) lost this week, but they did win last week. They beat the Cleveland Browns, my brother's favorite football team. I hadn't rubbed it in yet, so I thought I'd throw that in there now as well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home