Wednesday, October 15, 2003

Blimpy Girl

That's it, I'm on a mission. I have seen the prize and I'm going for it. Yes, you guessed it -- my aim is to nab a ride on a blimp. Only they don't call them blimps anymore, they're called "Light Ships" because they glow.

I've seen both the Saturn lightship and the HP Hood lightship floating around Boston recently, and I'm hooked. They're these silent monitors...I was just walking peacefully down the road the other day, and suddenly there was this shadow over me. I looked up, and there it was:


It was following me down Commonwealth Avenue. I stood transfixed on the stealthy mobile advertisment that glows like a tacky Christmas light at night.

And I wondered....what would it take to get a ride on a lightship?

So I emailed Saturn:

Dear Saturn --
I think your Lightship blimp is the coolest and I see it floating around Boston from time to time.

I was wondering....what does it take to earn a ride in that thing? I would be willing to do many things to catch a ride on it the next time it was in the Boston area. Those things could include one or more of the following:

-I think washing the ENTIRE LightShip would be a tad difficult, but I'm willing to wash the cabin where the pilots (and hopefully me, sometime) sit.
-I would wash the cars of the LightShip flight crew (I'm sure they're all Saturns, right?)
-I would treat all the LightShip flight crew to a movie -- popcorn and snacks included.
-I would wear a goofy Saturn mascot outfit in public for an entire day to tout the amazing fleet of Saturn cars.

I'm sure there are other things I would do, but I can't think of anything else right now. Feel free to send me some ideas if you think of anything!

I look forward to hearing from you about catching a ride on the cool Saturn LightShip.

Thanks!
Me

-----

I will keep you posted on their response. I figure I might get somewhere with them because I own a Saturn, so they know I'm committed to their company.

And if I get nowhere with them, I'll go after the HP Hood lightship. Maybe I should start drinking their milk now so I can prove how committed I am to their company.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home