Monday, October 20, 2003

More maze puns than you can shake a stick at

This weekend included a super fun trip with some friends to a gigantic corn maze. Let me get all the dumb puns out of the way before I continue:

-It was an a-MAZE-ing time.
-We had fun at the Corn MAIZE.
-I hope it isn't corny.

And Matt won the pun game with this one:

"I hope the corn maze isn't hard to digest."

Anyway, this super corn maze was awesome. I wasn't sure what to expect, but thought it would still be fun as a different way to spend a Saturday for once.

The Davis MegaMaze was designed by an MIT professor and some other extra smart math guys. It took us almost an hour and a half to get through it. There were bridges and workers stationed all over to give you cryptic hints on how to get through it. Very fun.

I think we did pretty well, and we only used the map once. We did have a postcard of the maze with us, but I didn't look at it until the very end when we were already walking in the direction we figured was the right way to go.

All the employees did a good job of being silly, but not too over-the-top annoying. There was music being played over the corn's loudspeakers. Yeah, you knew corn had ears, but this corn even had speakers. It was pretty funny to be marching around through the rows to "The Hustle" and the "Men in Tights" theme song. Oh, and we even got taunted by some of the workers who watched us pass them three and four times when we got stuck in one part of the maze.

Reminded me of this scene from Monty Python



"No, go away or I will taunt you a second time!"

So, that's that. If anyone has some more corny corn maze puns, I'm all ears. Just don't stalk me, okay?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home