Monday, October 13, 2003

The Top 100
If you're bored at work today, like me, here's a list to peruse:

It's the 100 Greatest Novels of All Time, according to some guy at the UK's Guardian newspaper.

I've read only five of them, sadly enough. There are about 8 others on the list I've tried reading, like "The Great Gatsby," "1984," "Brave New World," "Catch 22," and others. I own these books and have only tried getting through them once, but couldn't do it. But, I go through reading phases, so I might still be able to get through them yet. I have to be in the right mood to read some books.

Also, I'm shocked to not see any John Steinbeck on there. He's one of my absolute favorite authors because his writing is amazing. I've read seven or eight of his books -- some well-known and others not as popular.

I'm happy "Great Expectations" is not on there. That was a pile of crap. "The Scarlet Letter" made the list, but I sure didn't like that book either. And I think "Catcher in the Rye" should be higher on the list.

So, peruse, pick, agree and/or complain.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home