Thursday, October 30, 2003

When Halloween Comes Early...

And by "Halloween," I mean "blood."

This morning I was making myself a yummy turkey sandwich to take to work for lunch. The turkey was in a brand new package. I looked around on the package for an easy-open tab. There wasn't one. So, I decided to use a knife to open said package of turkey.

I, of course, did not search around a bit more for the little knife that was missing from the rack. I just grabbed the huge cerrated bread knife and went to opening. I sliced the package open, and then my finger. Blood ensued. Then the ER.

It wasn't too bad. They gave me the option of stitches or this new durabond stuff that glues the cut back together. I chose the glue.

The doctor who treated me was a trip. He looked and sounded like he was just about to complete a 13 hour overnight shift in the ER. Or he was stoned. One of the two. But whatever, he glued my finger back together and sent me on my way with a band-aid over my super-glued finger.

And now I'm back at work. Typing is a bit more interesting. And I think I'm going to skip that turkey sandwich for lunch.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home