Tuesday, December 02, 2003

Snow

One would think that in a city like Boston -- a city that gets an average of over 40 inches of snow each winter -- that people would know how the frick to drive in snow. One would also think that the city officials in Boston would know how to prepare for and react to snowfall, however sudden it may be.

But no, thinking like this in Boston will make you wrong.

This morning we had a bit of a surprise blast of snow, but it wasn't that much in Boston. No one had salted the sidewalks or roads yet when I walked to work. As I was keeping myself from falling down numerous times, I was also watching people slide past me in their cars.

As I stood at the bus stop (waiting 1/2 an hour for a bus that never came), I watched cars at the nearby intersection hitting the gas and spinning their wheels. Then they would slide around the intersection and get stuck. It wasn't helping that there were stupid pedestrians trying to cross the intersection when it wasn't their turn, so then cars were hitting their brakes quickly to stop, and sliding through the intersection.

And I shall call this morning's beautiful ice dance "Morons on Ice."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home