Wednesday, January 07, 2004

I work at the front desk of my office. People walk by our door all the time on the way to the restroom, and every single one of them turns their head to look into our office when they walk by.

I'm getting tired all always having to look busy when they do this. I'm tired of the "Hey, I'm on the phone and typing" position, or the "writing down something important on my desk" position, or my personal favorite -- the "looking important and busy because I'm standing up and looking down our hallway while talking to someone important on the phone" position.

Now I will just start striking random poses when I hear someone approaching the door. Here are some new poses I'm thinking I'll try when someone walks by:

- the "standing on desk beating my chest with my hands like King Kong" position
- the "shirt over my head because I kicked the winning soccer goal" position
- the "face covered entirely in kleenex except for two eye slits" position
- the "draped over the front of my desk like I'm dead" position
- the "wrestling an inflatable alligator in from of my desk" position
- the "pouring gasoline around the entrance while mumbling angrily" position
- the "jumping out of nowhere to scare the onlooker" position

That's a good start, but if any of you have more ideas, please share.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home