Friday, January 30, 2004

Misc.

It wouldn't be a normal day at work for me if someone's computer didn't break and/or do something weird.

Having said that, today was a normal day for me. And to fix that crazy computer, I would liken what I just did to jiggling the handle on a toilet.

It would turn on, but nothing would come up on the screen. I tried numerous things to no avail before calling our helpdesk. We tried some more things together, and none of those worked. My helper then said, "Well, try opening up the computer and checking all the connections."

So I did that. And then the computer started working fine again.

How am I supposed to tell the person who replaces me that "Sometimes (employee)'s computer stops working -- but if you just open it up and jiggle the cords around, it'll start working again" ?

-------------------------------------------------

I just read a very interesting article about a guy who went undercover as a car salesman to see how shady the industry is. I thought I'd share the link:
Confessions of a Car Salesman

------------------------------------------------

Also, I forgot to mention that I took a picture of the skunk I saw last night. I'd like to share it now. Here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home