Friday, February 20, 2004

In the citaaaaay, of LA

Things I learned while in LA last week:

1. They do have street signs there, but they will put these street and highway signs behind trees so you cannot see them.
2. It takes about an hour to get anywhere.
3. The weather is awesome, but the traffic will make you want to slam your head in a car door several times an hour.
4. You can get a sunburn in February.
5. Gas costs a million dollars/gallon.
6. My hands are the same size as Frank Sinatra's.
7. Some people will do anything to get on live TV.
8. Just because someone is dressed like Spiderman does not mean they're a nice person who wants to help people.
9. If you stand outside of Mann's Chinese Theatre long enough, you will see someone famous.
10. People will stare at you if you yell, "Chino! I want to see Chino because that's where the guy in 'The OC' is from! I LOVE CHINO!!!!"

I'll add more as I think of them, but I had a wonderful time on vacation last week. Amy and I headed out to LA to see her sister get married on reality TV. Yes, reality TV. They made it onto that TLC show "For Better or Worse" where the bride and groom pick a team of their friends and family to plan their entire wedding for them. This means the bridge and groom have NO say in what their wedding ends up like. It's a surprise. They don't know where the wedding will be or even what day it's on until right beforehand.

Amy and I were not on the team, which I am now grateful for after seeing what the team had to do. They worked endlessly for a week to get things done. Amy only had to show up for a dress fitting since she was a bridesmaid. She came home that night and told me what the theme of the wedding was.

I Dream of Jeanie.

I couldn't stop laughing for about 10 minutes. I had no idea how they could pick a theme like that since Amy's sister and fiance weren't even old enough to have ever watched that show unless it was on TV Land or something. But apparently it was the wedding planner's idea, so the team went with it. Very funny.

The wedding ended up being on Sunday, and it turned out much better than I had anticipated. I was worried what an "I Dream of Jeanie" wedding would look like, but it actually didn't turn out too bad. I'll put up pictures when I get them.

The rest of our time out there was fun. We saw the beach, drove up the Pacific Coast Highway, Amy and I made into the audience of "On Air Live With Ryan Seacrest," I got a bit of a tan, etc... Good times.

Oh, and now I remember another thing I learned:

11. Harrison Ford has gigantic feet.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home