Tuesday, February 03, 2004

"So there I was on Saturday night, cleaning up blood in a warehouse in South Boston..."

That's how I've been telling people about my weekend. Lots of good stuff happened, from a cool movie shoot, to the Patriots winning the Super Bowl. As I type this, I can hear the helicopters hovering over the office as the Patriots board duck boats to start on their parade down through Boston. Very cool.

Anyway, back to cleaning up blood in a Southie warehouse....I am helping out with this little independent movie shoot. Saturday we shot the final bloody murder scene. It was so cool. I've never seen a fight get choreographed before, so it was very interesting to see that happen.

And since I'm the mighty boom operator, I usually go exactly where the camera goes to film things. That means I got splattered with fake blood and got shot at by a gun loaded with blanks.

It was fun to look around at everyone at the end of the night. Many of us were covered or splattered with fake blood. Then we had to clean it all up because we had rented out the warehouse space.

I think if anyone had stumbled into our warehouse, it would've looked odd to see lots of people cleaning blood off the floors, walls, ceilings, clothes. There were also chunks and bits of apples stuck all over from another scene where we discover the bad guy has an affinity for hitting apples with a baseball bat in his office. Not sure how that really factors into the movie, but it was funny to watch. Not so funny to clean up, though.

And that was my Saturday.

Sunday was all Patriots. Again, coming from Ohio and the land of the Cincy Bengals, it is nice to live in a city with a winning team (that's okay, the Bengals will do even better next year). The parades are great.

Oh, and Tom Brady is ever so dreamy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home