Thursday, June 17, 2004

All my ex's live in...

Yes, I'm still in Texas. It's been quite the tour this week. Everyone please get out your maps and follow along with Heather's Tour: Corpus Christi, Falfurrias, Edinburg, McAllen, Brownsville, Corpus Christi again, Palacios, Port Lavaca, Bay City, Matagorda, Austin, and right now I'm in San Antonio.

I fly back tomorrow evening -- which is good because not only am I exhausted from all the work and travel, but also because the word "y'all" has mysteriously crept into my vocabulary. Time for me to head back to the east coast and destroy any type of accent I may have started to obtain.

Must...return...to....my....bland...Ohio....accent....

Where's my pop?

Okay, I'm fine now.

Anywho, the trip has been fantastic. When I get a little more time, I'll tell some more stories about where I've been. I do have time to share a few more Texas observations, though.

-If there is a crack in your windshield in Texas (which is very common), it's called a "Texas windshield."

-If you are on a two lane highway and someone in front of you is driving slowly, they will move over to the shoulder and let you pass. To thank them, you must turn on your four-way flashers for a few quick blinks.

There's more to come, but I've got about two million emails to get back to. When I was in Bay City, a gigantic thunderstorm went through (which is a cool story I'll share later), and knocked out all of earthlink's dial-up lines. So I couldn't check my email for about two days.

More Texas to come....y'all.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home