Tuesday, September 14, 2004

You can dress her up....

On the more humorous side of my trip to NYC, I was there to attend a special dinner for folks who have spent the last three years helping everyone affected by 9/11. I was very honored to be invited, yet thinking that since that the event was being thrown by a non-profit, I thought it would be a regular small-time dinner and nothing fancy. Boy, was I wrong.

The dinner was held in this very nice building in the financial district of NYC, right by Wall Street. There were red velvet ropes lining off the entrance, my name had to checked off the list to get in, and the space it was held in was a very trendy art gallery. It was a very dressy affair, so I wore a nice business suit and all. The lights were down low, drinks were free, lots of delicious hors-d-eouvres (sp?) were being served, and there was even faint techno thumping in the background. Much trendier than anything I'd ever been to before.

I had to check my bags -- since I hadn't had the time to stop by my friend's place (where I was staying) before getting there. The woman handed me my claim ticket and I walked off. Then I realized my suit had no pockets, and I certainly didn't want to lose the ticket to my clothes and supplies for the next day. So I did what any logical person would do. I put the ticket in my sock.

That was much funnier on the way out, when I walked up to the claim check gal and said, "I promise this isn't gross, and you don't have to touch the ticket if you don't want to, but I didn't have any pockets..." and then I pulled the claim ticket out of the ankle part my sock. The woman just laughed and said it was no big deal. I was glad she didn't look down at me for that, but I honesly didn't know where else to put the ticket without losing it.

I can just hear my mom saying, "And how many purses have we bought you over the years?" ---- so I won't tell you where I put my wallet.

1 Comments:

Blogger a c said...

When I worked at Click Camera, you wouldn't believe where people pulled money from. I had one huge lady hand me a soggy ten from her giant bra.

September 14, 2004 8:13 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home