Wednesday, October 20, 2004

Midnight Activities

At about midnight or so last night, our mischievous cat, Tuesday, was prowling. We awoke to the tremendous crash of glass breaking. Amy and I were both jolted awake, but still as we wondered whether we wanted to really find out what the cat did.

Eventually I said, "Well, I'm going to assume that whatever just shattered into a million pieces out there should be cleaned up before we wake up and walk through it in our bare feet."

Amy agreed, and we got up to investigate. I flicked the light on in the kitchen and found a terrified and wide-eyed cat in the doorway and the shattered remains of a glass on the floor. If Tuesday could speak she would have most likely used the phrase, "I didn't do it."

Also -- proof that I jinxed myself earlier in the day by thinking 'wow, we haven't seen any bugs in here in a while, that's great' -- I saw a roach scurry across the stove.

It was like midnight domestic bliss if anyone had walked in. I got out the vacuum while Amy hummed and cleaned off the stove. I still think Amy was asleep during the whole thing, because who really hums a cheery tune when cleaning up the grubby stove-top at midnight?

I finished vacuuming only to hear thumping on the floor from our downstairs neighbor. She must have had a broom and was banging it against her ceiling at the crazy neighbors who were vacuuming at midnight.

We had become the crazy neighbors. Granted, we had not turned the regularly normal practice of defrosting a chicken into an odd "Get to know your neighbor" situation, nor had we been holding band practice with a full sound system (like our current upstairs neighbors do), but to this woman for some strange reason her neighbors had decided at midnight that the apartment was just too dirty.

Oh and by the way, GO RED SOX!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home