Monday, December 27, 2004

Frozen Tundra

Minnesota is the reason God created the Caribbean.

I have returned from the sub-arctic frozen tundra that is Minnesota. The wife and I went up to visit her family for the holiday. We had a great time, too, so long as we weren't outside. It was below zero for most of the week, and everyone blamed it on us because it apparently had been balmy before we arrived. Right. To Minnesotans, balmy is 15 degrees.

Anyway, the week was fun. We caught up with family, caught up on some movies, and got some nice gifts. The holidays are a good time to catch up on movies. In my middle-20s cheapness, I don't go see as many flicks when they're in theatres because it costs an arm.

So this week, we saw the most recent Harry Potter movie (pretty good), The Cooler (excellent!), The Last Samurai (very good except for the very end), and then our movie theatre trip was to see Lemony Snicket's A Series of Unfortunate Events. It was excellent, a great role for Jim Carrey.

What else. Well, my favorite gift was the vintage Boomer Esiason Cincinnati Bengals jersey that the wife hunted down for me. It's absolutely huge (too big for Boomer even, I'm sure), but I love it. I wore it all weekend and will probably make it my official weekend attire for some time.

The family time we had was awesome. We played endless amounts of board games and card games, ate lots of fantastic food, and more.

We finally got home last night, and had planned our flights well enough to miss all the big storms that hit this week. Tuesday The Cat was insanely happy to see us, and proceeded to drool all over herself as we babied her all evening. She then slept between us on our pillows, almost as if to make sure we wouldn't leave again by keeping an eye on us at all times.

My boss, who took care of the mischievous Tuesday while we were gone, had even gotten the cat some great Christmas gifts. Tuesday now has a water fountain for her water dish, and her favorite gift is the string of four leopard-print hot dog-shaped cloth catnip thingees. She's been high for about 24-hours straight now. I expect that when I get home from work this evening, I will find her passed out in a bag of Doritos.

For now, back to reality. Hope everyone had a great holiday!

1 Comments:

Blogger H said...

Sean - your blog address is coming up with something else now, did you move your site?

December 28, 2004 9:14 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home