Monday, December 06, 2004

Go UCC!

I am so proud of my denomination, the United Church of Christ, for standing up for what they believe. If you've not read up on the whole flap over NBC and CBS deciding not to air the UCC's ad, check out Amy's blog for some more details and links to the ad and all the hubbub.

I've already called both NBC and CBS to voice my displeasure about their decision to not run the ad. If you agree with me and Amy and so many others, you should do the same. Their decision is a complete double-standard. I could rail on and on about this, but I think I'd be preaching to the choir here.

Click here for the appropriate contacts at the networks.

Click here for a fantastic editorial from The Baltimore Sun about the whole issue (requires registration, but well worth giving them an email address).

Let your voice be heard, gang!

1 Comments:

Blogger H said...

I'd also just like to point out something about the editorial. My dad said the line in the editorial about 'that chill you're feeling is the country in a post-re-election era of George W. Bush" is bogus. In this issue, I think it is as well.

Dad pointed out that both those networks (CBS and NBC) can be thought of as having being very much anti-Bush during the entire campaign season, yet why then did Fox (normally very pro-Bush) say they'd air the ad?

I see dad's point. I think the blame in this case is at the door of the networks alone.

December 06, 2004 4:34 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home