Monday, January 10, 2005

Kitty kitty meow meow

We took Tuesday the Cat to her first vet appointment (her first appt. since we've had her, anyway) on Saturday. Let me just say, I've never seen a more perfect expression of humiliation - not even on a human face - than the one I saw on her face as she got her temperature taken.

And of course, we immediately tried to make her feel better by giving her a kitty treat after she was poked with a needle and had a thermometer put in a most inappropriate place -- as if to say, "Sorry about the surprise butt probing, here's a small, partially-hydrogenated, somewhat tuna-flavored treat to make you feel better."

Later in the day, we gave her enormous amounts of catnip, hoping that she could just stone herself into forgetting the horrors of the morning vet appointment. She passed out with her head on the catnip toy, drooling, yet I still felt bad. She just went through a horrible event, and we're trying to get her hooked on drugs in response. Why kind of cat parents are we?

Then this morning as I was heading out the door, I told Tuesday, "Hey, kitty, I'm going to the doctor for shots today, too, so it's the same for us humans!"

Then I paused. "Well, it's the same for us, barring that odd thermometer thing. Yeah, um, sorry about that."

She just stared at me with pure, un-a-cat-terated hatred. So I gave her a treat.

2 Comments:

Blogger Amy Sens said...

Un-cat-erated? I'm sorry, that's just wrong.

January 11, 2005 2:14 PM  
Blogger H said...

I had to. It just seemed odd to use "unadulterated" when she's not an adult yet. Seriously, we can't use those words around her because it'll just go to her head. You don't want a conceited cat, do you? You know she reads this blog.

January 12, 2005 11:11 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home