Monday, January 03, 2005

Strangest Conversation of the Weekend

Carin: Nothing could ruin a day in Provincetown.
Me: What if someone stabbed you?
Amy: In Provincetown?
Me: Yeah, that'd ruin your day.
Carin: Well, I guess so.
Amy: What if a drag queen stabbed you? A shark could attack you, too.
Carin: A drag queen wouldn't attack you. They're not scary.
Me: What if a drag queen dressed as a shark attacked you?
Amy: What?
Me: You're just wading along having fun, and bam! - a drag queen dressed like a shark comes up behind you and stabs you.
Amy: I think that would make me skittish of drag queens from that point forth then.
Me: You'd be scared of them from then on out?
Amy: Yeah.

-long pause in the conversation-

Me: What if it was a drag queen dressed as a dolphin?

Carin: **dramatic rolling of the eyes**
Amy: How would the drag queen walk in the shark costume?
Carin: Yeah, sharks don't have legs.
Me: The shark costume would have leg holes.
Carin: But would the tail be curved toward the front or the back?
Me: Oh, the front.
Amy: No, it'd have to be curved toward the back, that would make walking easier.
Me: Well that's no fun.

3 Comments:

Blogger Amy Sens said...

Didn't we talk a little more about sharks swimming up from behind you?

January 03, 2005 11:40 AM  
Blogger H said...

Oh yeah! I'll fix that. I tried to remember this as best I could. Unfortunately I wasn't writing it down as we said it. So weird.

January 03, 2005 11:53 AM  
Blogger amberance said...

Not that wierd. It sounds like most of the conversations I have with you, actually. I'm normal, right? RIGHT?

January 03, 2005 1:34 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home