Thursday, February 10, 2005

Wasting Time

I have a nice selection of websites that I will use to waste time on here and there, so I thought I'd share.

First up, we have the refrigerator magnets website. This website is fun because tons of other people are messing with the fridge magnets at the same time, so go ahead -- try to spell something without getting all your letters stolen. This website is fun in many ways. One way is watching how many people all spell the same five or six dirty words. Another way is to be on the site the same time as a friend so you can work together to spell things. Like dirty words.

The next website is the paper toss game. Click through the first two pages there and then work with or against the wind from the fan to flick crumpled pieces of paper into the wastebasket. The longest streak I was able to attain was 14.

Most of you probably already know about Fark, but I thought I'd share it again anyway. It's a great clearinghouse of weird news from around the internets. Yes, I said internets.

Now we have Group Hug. This website is an online anonymous confession website. People go here and confess horrible, gross, silly, or funny things. Some of it may be not safe for work due to language used, but it's funny to see just what people admit when they are anonymous.

Ever want to know what a volcano is doing at any time of the day? Yes? Well check out the Mt. St. Helens Volcano Webcam. Don't worry, you won't catch it doing anything naughty, so it's completely safe for work. But sometimes it spews steam, and most of the time it's just nice scenery. And then other times, an insect will land on the camera lens and it looks like giant bugs are attacking the earth. Awesome.

And finally, for your self-improvement folks, why not learn a little more about home improvement? Home Depot and Lowe's have their home improvement workshop schedules up on their websites. If you're bored, why not learn about laminate floor tiling -- or maybe your closet needs reorganizing? I recently attended the ceramic floor tile workshop at my local Lowe's and learned quite a bit. Seriously.

Anywho, thought I'd share some of my favorite time wasting websites. Hope you all become addicted now as well.

2 Comments:

Blogger Tara said...

To think, I had been wasting my time reading the Going Out Gurus chat on WaPo and checking the "missed connections" on Craig's List to see if one of them was me. oh, and online crosswords are fun, too.

February 10, 2005 2:03 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hehe! Heather your stuff always makes me laugh!

February 13, 2005 9:14 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home