Wednesday, February 16, 2005

Weather class update

Weather class was fun last night. Despite how frank Joe is with me, I just couldn't bring myself to ask him if he had, in fact, ended up seeing boobs last week.

He continues to charm me with his cute 19-year-old ways, though, twirling the beat-up University of Maryland hat around on his head, endlessly text-messaging during class, and endlessly fidgeting by bouncing his left leg up and down. He has now convinced me to print out each week's lecture notes for him before class (the notes are available on the class website). I can't say no to him, he's too innocent. Last night I learned that all he wants to do with himself is be an mechanic, which is very cool to me.

And since he seems to offer up a great nugget of conversation with me each week, here is the nugget from last night:

During a particularly long and informative part of the the prof's lecture on levels of the atmosphere, Joe stopped bouncing his left leg long enough to lean over to me and say, "Dude, doesn't he totally look like Santa Claus?"

I stopped taking notes for a second to consider the suggestion. "Yeah, I guess so -- with a more stylish beard. Maybe he shaves it off after December. Yes, he does, you're right."

"Totally," Joe continued.

"And it would make sense that this would be his job in the off-season -- I mean, wouldn't Santa Claus have to know something about meteorology since he flies so much?" I offered.

"Yeah, that makes sense." Joe looked proud of his accomplishment for a moment, and then spun his hat around again.

Each week gets better and better.

Also, on a totally unrelated note, here's a hilarious video of the kids' show Barney set to Tupac music. The lyrics aren't safe for work, but the video is. Enjoy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home