Wednesday, March 30, 2005

Abdomen!

Sorry, I just like saying that word. Or typing it. Whatever.

This morning I had my abdominal ultrasound, a process that took less time than my stint in the admitting office to fill out paperwork.

The ultrasound was pretty uneventful, barring that I had to stifle the giggles a few times. I asked the technician if they ever got any extremely ticklish people in there before, and she said they had and that it makes an ultrasound incredibly difficult. Unfortunately she didn't let me watch the screen while she was doing the scan, so I couldn't make any obnoxious patient comments like, "Hey, let me know if you find my keys in there!" or "So that's why the channel's been changing every time I burped!"

During my brief time in the hospital this morning I also learned the hard way that one should not tie off a hospital robe using a knot. I felt like a dog chasing its tail in the restroom as I tried to grab it and then untie it.

Only one more test to go, then maybe we'll have this stuff figured out.

1 Comments:

Blogger Zwieblein said...

Fortitude and good luck! I'll be in for foot examination and diagnosis-- good health vibes to us both!

March 31, 2005 10:14 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home