Tuesday, April 26, 2005

Not just yet

Sorry, folks, but I have not yet finished "Reggie." That's because I did my meteorology homework last night and got sucked into a Red Sox game. Forgive me. I do think that I'll be able to wrap the story up tomorrow evening, if you can wait that long without hunting me down and forcing me to divulge just who Al is and what Reggie did.

To be honest - I don't know yet. I wrote this story by just starting to type and rediscovered how much I love creative writing. Actually, it's a lot like the improv comedy I do. I just started writing without really thinking about where the story would go. I had a very rough idea in my head, but it's slowly changing. Anyway, the loving wife told me I should make this into a serial novel - like Dickens used to do, and then I could just finish it by leaving lots of ends untied to frustrate my readers. I don't think I'll do that, but possibly having someone describe my work as Dickensian is almost cool. Mostly because it's fun to say the word "Dickensian." Go ahead, try it.

I appreciate all the nice comments about the story thus far. It does need some editing and some rewrite work, but I'm glad everyone seems to be drawn in right now.

And to help get you through another day of no Reggie updates, here are the long-awaited photos of "80's Televangelist Amy" and "Flock of Seagulls Me" at the 80's Prom:

Click here.

1 Comments:

Blogger Zwieblein said...

Hey, Ducky, that hair is BITCHIN'! If I had any photos of me as Nancy Reagan at the '80s prom I was at a couple of years ago, I'd send 'em along. I think they got burned, though. Props to the both of you.

April 26, 2005 10:06 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home