Tuesday, April 12, 2005

Travelin' Gal

A last minute work trip has me in eastern Pennsylvania this week, but only til this afternoon. While the trip surprised me at first, I am happy to be on-assignment again because it always reminds me just how much I love my job. I don't mind sitting behind a desk to do my job, but being able to be on site and see things and interview people makes it so much better.

And because I'm in beautiful and scenic eastern Pa., I also got to finally meet another fellow blogger in person: Shannon.

What a great person! Everyone needs to come to the Philly area now and meet her, too. She tried to help navigate me to an Applebee's where we could meet - but I got lost for about 45 minutes. It was just another reminder of how much Mapquest sucks. But, after triangulating my position and shooting off a flare, I finally located this elusive Applebee's and we had a nice dinner/snack. It was a real nice time, and I hope we can hang out more once I convince her to move to Baltimore so she can help Amy start up a young adult ministry.

Also, just as a teaser, Amy and I went to an 80s-themed prom this weekend. I don't have the digitals photos yet, but once I do - I will post them so everyone can see how good a member of "Flock of Seagulls" I make and how good a 80s televangelist Amy makes. She looked like a cross between Tammy Fae Baker and a chaperone trying to be cool at her kid's prom. Very funny. Also, my hair has decided that after achieving the Flock of Seagulls hair look for this party - that's how it would like to stay for the rest of my life. I don't agree with that choice, so I'm in negotiations with my hair to try to find some happy medium. I refuse to let my hair get its choice after it made me have a mullet for several years.

So, the point of that - embarrassing photos of Amy and me to come.

2 Comments:

Blogger Zwieblein said...

Hey, it's meet and greets for all; I'm meeting a Friendster person tonight (along with other, "real" friends). I don't know how I feel about it, but it's something to do. Rock on in PA.

April 12, 2005 10:01 AM  
Blogger amberance said...

I also met a fellow blogger in person on Saturday!

Heather, I think you should go with the shaved head look, and then get some trendy wigs. That way your hair controls nothing, while you can look completely different every day if you want!

April 12, 2005 10:16 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home