Monday, May 02, 2005

Fairly uninteresting

That was my weekend. Friday night was spent with friends eating dinner, and then playing one of the more confusing board games I've tried in some time.

Saturday morning was another computer class with the senior citizens. This week I was helping them understand their email accounts, and so they all sent me practice emails with messages such as
"MY GRANDDAUGHTER GRADUATES FROM HOWARD UNIVERSITY THIS MAY"
"I am enjoying this class."
"My birthday is next week."

Very fun, and I'm looking forward to the next course I'll be teaching at the volunteer center.

I saw the movie "Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy" Saturday afternoon, and it was really good. I'd tried reading the book a couple years back, but couldn't get into it. I didn't hate it, I just don't think I was in the mood to read it. But the movie was really enjoyable.

Sunday was spent switching between being a giant lazy slug on the couch and writing up a paper for my meteorology course. At first I thought it would be hard to write this particular paper, because it's based on some data everyone had to attain each day for the entire month of March. But once I got going, I easily surpassed the prof's "at least four-pages in length" minimum. In fact, now I think he may accuse me of wordiness.

In any case, my hypothesis is a direct confrontation of his statement that television meterologists don't having to train as much as regular meteorologists, which therefore makes the TV forecasters less accurate. I disagree, and was able to prove he was incorrect at least as far as for three television meteorologists in March of 2005.

The loving wife then left mid-afternoon to head out on some religious women's retreat, leaving me with free reign of the apartment til this afternoon. That was neato at first, and then it just promptly reminded me how much I don't enjoy having an entire apartment to myself overnight. My imagination is far too active, and so for most of the night there were aliens, zombies, axe murderers, and other neat things roaming freely in the other rooms.

I have not yet finished the "Reggie" story, so you can blame my meteorology course for that. I used all my "writing-brainpower" on that paper this weekend. I promise to finish it soon, though.

4 Comments:

Blogger Tara said...

So when do you teach the senior citizens important e-mail abbreviations like LOL and WTF?

May 02, 2005 4:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think "Lie Cheat and Steal" is one of the best games EVER! ;)

May 03, 2005 9:53 AM  
Blogger Zwieblein said...

That game looks harrowing-- which, under normal circumstances, when I have actual use of my brain, makes me want to try it. Plus, the '50s pop art is divine. I'm catching up on blog reading in the next few days. 'Til then, don't do anything too nutty.

May 03, 2005 10:12 AM  
Blogger Amy Sens said...

I thought it was a lot of fun, even if the rules were not all that clear. My favorite part--going to the League of Women Voters makes you lose 1 turn. Take that, feminists!

May 03, 2005 11:31 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home