Wednesday, June 01, 2005

Sorry, I blanked out for a week there, folks. It's really that I have nothing interesting to write about.

The only humorous story I can think about from the past week is when Amy and I went biking on Monday. We were on this one street in our neighborhood that has no sidewalks or area for a bike along the side, so we were pretty much in the street.

As we neared the end of that sidewalk-less section, I moved more to the right as the road widened. Then out of nowhere, a car creeped up on my left and someone screamed at me from the passenger side. It scared the crap out of me, but fortunately I did not wreck. I looked at the car, only to find it speeding off as the passenger quickly rolled up the window so I couldn't see him (or yell an obscenity).

At first I was mad because it scared the crap out of me and I could have wrecked. But then, after I pulled up onto the sidewalk to rest for a moment, I started laughing. I laughed and wasn't really mad about it because it was something that my brother and I would do.

Amy pulled up next to me to ask what that scream was all about. I said it was probably some silly thing the car guys wanted to do for a laugh. Then I just kept laughing.

Now I know how those poor bikers feel. Some prank karma comin' back my way, and that's fine. Gave me a jolt, but a good laugh, too.

In other news, I'll let you loyal readers help me pick out what I want to do this Saturday morning.

First option: orienteering with some friends at a big state park in Pennsylvania. I took an orienteering course in college as a fun recreational course, and really enjoyed it.

Second option: The city we live in is holding a fishing tournament at our local lake. Awards are being given for number of categories, and one of them is in the Blue Gill category. Think I could do it?

Vote now in the comments!

3 Comments:

Blogger Eric M said...

I thought of the exact same thing when reading the story. If that was bad Karma coming your way, I'm staying inside for a while.

June 02, 2005 9:08 AM  
Blogger amberance said...

Orienteering! Totally!

June 02, 2005 10:56 AM  
Blogger Tara said...

So orienteering isn't just something they make you do at elementary school science camp? It's actually real??

June 02, 2005 12:30 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home