Thursday, July 14, 2005

Stupid People

I've discovered that if someone ever asks you that familiar question of "What's Your Biggest Pet Peeve?" - you can really sum up all your answers with one big one:

"Stupid people."

Think about it, it really does cover just about everything. I bring this up now because I've discovered some stupid people in the past few days. I'm including myself because even if we're not inherently stupid all the time, we all have stupid moments.

But first I'll talk about the jerks that don't leave notes when they back into your car. I hate stupid people in cars who have no care for anyone besides themselves. "Oh well, no one probably saw me, so I'll quickly drive off before anyone confronts me."

Some ass-cannon backed into the driver's side door of my car Monday night/Tuesday morning. It left a beautiful bumper sized and shaped scuff mark. I already have plenty of scratches on my car from other shitpencils who enjoy vandalizing and damaging vehicles, so this normally would have still made me angry, but not flip out.

What made me really angry was realizing that I now have to use Arnold Schwarzenegger force to roll down that window. That type of problem immediately makes the image of dollar bills rapidly leaving my wallet quickl appear in my head. I'm sure it won't be cheap to fix this.

Moving on to my stupid moment. This morning, despite our new tech guy swearing that all printing problems were now fixed in the office, my computer was (and still remains now) unable to print anything. I've complained to him 30 times in the past few days about this. Today I was getting more annoyed about it, so I voiced my disappointment out loud to another coworker near me...who then grinned and pointed behind her to the fact that Mr. Tech Guy was sitting just around the corner whilst I loudly vented about how stupid it was that I still could not print.

I felt myself turning red, but I still feel like it was a warranted out loud complaint.

I know I have more stupid moments in life (like my amazing debut as a boom operator for a small indie film in Boston), but I thought I'd share those ones right now.

Feel free to share your own in the comments. Let's all wallow in our stupid moments and the stupid moments of stupid people around us.

6 Comments:

Blogger a c said...

You've heard this one, but I'll tell it again. The first apartment Paul and I lived in had a nice, big shower. One day, I noticed the ceiling leaking. We called emergency maintenance b/c we're picturing the entire ceiling caving in due to faulty plumbing. There was a note left when we returned from work:
"Complaint: leaky ceiling
Actions: tenant installed own showerhead. Tightened bolts. No more leaking"
Oh, yeah, it was our own fault.

July 14, 2005 7:37 PM  
Blogger Zwieblein said...

This may fall more under clumsiness than stupidity, but I felt in that moment that a Smurf could dwarf me: As a tour guide at the TX state capitol building, I was taking a group into the underground extension. Leading them into the grand cavern, I fell down the stairs.

July 14, 2005 10:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Got two for you :)

Funniest work place oops ever:

A previous co-worker was sending me an IM one day bitching about our boss, she used very clear terms about exactly what she wanted to do to him - and it wasn't flattering at all. Yeah, so she hit enter and off the IM went... to the boss.

Now for my stupidity:

Recently a friend came to see me at my new job. As I was walking her to her car, feeling all special and important and ever so lovely in my high heels and pretty white skirt because I'm a PROFESSIONAL now, the sidewalk brutally attacked me. I swear, it jumped right out at me. Down I went, ankle twisted, pantyhose shredded, and my skirt hiked up just a little too high. My ankle suffered, my foot suffered, mostly my pride suffered. Fast forward two weeks... walking out again, a coworker makes a joke about the brutal attack... the sidewalk heard... and got me again. No skirt and pantyhose this time, so the groundskeeper had nothing to smile about. I'm so frickin' graceful. And did I mention the reputation I have at my new job? "There goes Cristina, be careful, she's a bit clumsy..."

Oy.

July 15, 2005 12:42 PM  
Blogger BeckEye said...

I had this picture up in my cubicle for a while after The Sixth Sense came out. It was a picture of Haley Joel with Bruce and Haley was saying "I see dumb people. They're everywhere. They don't even know they're dumb." How true.

It always kills me when someone stops to ask me for directions and I give them very clear, simple ones and then I watch them drive off and make the first wrong turn. This happens a lot. There must be a lot of people driving around out there with no short term memory.

July 15, 2005 11:59 PM  
Blogger junebee said...

There's stupid and then there's inconsiderate. Then, there's also various combinations of the two. I think all the problems in the world stem from overpopulation. If there were less people overall, the stupid ones would be fewer and farther between.

July 18, 2005 8:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You guys have the worst car-ma ever!

July 19, 2005 12:56 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home