Friday, August 12, 2005

I am ready for some football

Earlier this week I was flipping through the channels whilst chatting with Amy. I got to ESPN, and the Football Gods, they did spake....There Was A Game On.

Mid-sentence with Amy I just yelled, "AGH! Football! YES!!!" The game was pre-season and didn't even include any teams I care about - but still.

It's Time.

Hallelujah, football season is back upon us! I did a happy dance on the couch and settled in for the game.

And tonight is an important date of the football season...it is the first pre-season game for the Cincinnati Bengals. That's right, it's time for me to get my hopes up again and pray that they won't be shattered once again like they have been every season for most of my life.

This year I will pray that the Bengals end their record-breaking stint of successfully avoiding the playoffs. Hell, they haven't been above .500 for a total season in years, either. So come on, Marvin, lead us!

WHO DEY!

3 Comments:

Blogger amberance said...

Whoa dude, I am SO with you on this. We had the Packers/Chargers game on last night at the bar and I just basked in it. I've been getting antsy for the last two months.

The Bengals are going to such though, just like my Browns are going to suck. Baltimore will win the division like they always do and you and I will take our orange t-shirts and pack them up for next year. It's inevitable HEather - we're from OHIO.

August 12, 2005 2:35 PM  
Blogger H said...

The Bengals will neither Such or Suck this year. I think they will finally break .500. The Bengals will give the Ravens a run for it, but I agree that the Ravens (stupid damn Ravens) will probably take the division. *sigh*

We can always dream, Amber.

I watched that Green Bay v. Chargers game last night too. The Chargers' kicker must be the loneliest guy!

August 12, 2005 3:28 PM  
Blogger junebee said...

So does this make up for softball season coming to an end?

August 16, 2005 8:34 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home