Thursday, August 25, 2005

Inspired by Kate

Kate has a cool series of questions on her blog that she said I'm allowed to copy.

1. Reply with your name and I will write something I like about you.
2. I will then tell what song/movie/thing reminds me of you.
3. I'll tell you what item of clothing I'd love to steal from your closet.
4. I will tell you something that only makes sense to you and me.
5. I'll tell you the most memorable moment I've had with you.
6. I will tell you what animal you remind me of.
7. I'll then ask you something I've always wondered about you.
8. Put this in your journal.

So,if I've known you for some time and you'd like this done, say so in the comments. I'll even email it to you if you'd rather not have it posted in public (heh heh). Okay, I doubt anything will come up that won't be suitable for publishing on my blog.

Since Kate passed this on to me, I'll do hers first:

1- I like your love of learning new things, your awesome ability to advise me on all things improv and HR, and that I learn something new about you every time we hang out.
2- "We belong to the night" by Pat Benatar because we sang it loudly in your car one evening. Of course, "I touch myself" by the Divinyls because no one can karaoke it like you can. As for movie, probably "Secretary" because you giggle and avert your eyes when you mention it. String theory, anything math-related, forensics.
3- Any one of your 100s of witty phrase t-shirts. Maybe the tomato one because it always makes me laugh (You say tomato, I say f*ck you).
4- The woodchuck hates shrimp chips, baked or not.
5- Tough one, there are so many! Perhaps the entire wait and flight period to Boston last February for our improv road trip. Also the night we watched Mystic Pizza (fights with coat).
6- Aw man, this is a question where most will take the answer the wrong way. Probably a panda bear because people admire their beauty and intelligence, but a Panda will f*ck you up if you mess with it. Seriously, ever insult a panda's family? Don't. Just don't.
7- I agree with you, Kate, I usually ask you what I want to know. But I'll try one. What would make you happiest right now in your life?

**UPDATE** Okay, Now Katy,Dawn, and Amber are on board. I only just had time to do the first two. Amber, yours will be up soon.

Katy
1- I like how smart you are. Seriously, you know all this stuff and yet you're so very down to earth. I also like how we're always on the same wavelength, we can not see each other for years but can still pick up exactly where we left off with no weirdness. Also, you can always make me laugh, especially when you translate foul phrases into other languages for me.
2- Anything Jack Kerouac, Jeff Buckley, "Everybody got their something" by Nikki Costa, "So I married an axe murderer"
3- Hmm, you always have cool sunglasses, so I'd grab some of those. And if you had bought that armadillo purse, I'd steal that.
4- I still have my Jesus knife. Melted Barbie boobs. Burning Ken head.
5- Oh man, the beat poetry in Cuba and Venezuela. Wading out into the Caribbean at night in Cuba. Taking you up to Vermont with me for a college fair. Also, looking for tacky souvenirs in San Antonio.
6- I think it would be a raven because they are a smart bird to me, and mysterious. Plus they're cool and they seem liked they'd be a sarcastic bird as well.
7- Why is your sister's name is so incredibly different from yours?

Dawn
1- I like that you're always open to new things, you're friendly, you're funny, and that you offer lots of accounting and tax advice.
2- The Jungle Book, my 1040 forms, zombie movies (Darren), that Lie Cheat & Steal board game.
3- Your "Taken" t-shirt. And the cat.
4- I promise I will never mess with your laptop because of what you might do to me with a lamp.
5- I really liked the conversation we had during the car ride home from the Wharf Rat last Thursday night, that was very cool.
6- An owl, because of the wisdom and intelligence. Also because you can turn your head all the way around.
7- Am I allowed to ask you about your parents?

8 Comments:

Blogger Zwieblein said...

Hit me! (Take that imperative however you want, but do my survey, too.)

August 25, 2005 10:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ooh! Ooh! Me next! Or Darren...or you can combine us if it's easier.

August 25, 2005 11:08 AM  
Blogger amberance said...

mememememememememememe. COuld you do me?

August 25, 2005 11:45 AM  
Blogger amberance said...

Also, where did Kate get that tomato shirt because I REALLY REALLY want that.

August 25, 2005 11:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love it! Yes, ask me about my parents any time - the statute of limitations is over (haha! just kidding ;) )

August 25, 2005 2:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hrmmm... if you can find stuff for me, go for it, I'd be interested in reading it! If not, no sweat; I would understand if the most memorable moment you could think of is where we witnessed a grown man kicking furniture ;)

August 25, 2005 3:12 PM  
Blogger a c said...

then me.

August 25, 2005 8:18 PM  
Blogger Zwieblein said...

Heh heh-- this is great. Responses: I'm now claiming the raven as my personal totem. No one's ever said that, and I think it (and the reasoning behind it) are rad. My sister was named after an apparently cool nun with whom my mom worked-- but remember my *middle* name (my sister got the normal middle name). This shall indeed go in my journal.

August 26, 2005 10:27 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home