Thursday, September 01, 2005

Hurricanes

As most of you may have guessed, I am covered with piles of work this week due to that big fat giant huge hurricane that hit Louisiana and Mississippi on Monday.

In the office, we're receiving hundreds of calls about what people can do to help, as well as calls from other media outlets wanting to talk to us or have us recommend the right disaster relief person to talk to. My boss was on Good Morning America yesterday, and then this morning I was interviewed on the national radio station in Ireland.

That was fun, but the best part about it was when they put me on hold. Their hold music sent me into a fit of giggles. Can you guess what it was?

U2. Yes, U2. I love it.

So, that was my favorite part of today thus far. Humor is important in these times. If you cannot find some way to laugh once in a while during such tragedy, you will completely succumb to it, I believe. Keep those folks in the South in your prayers and thoughts, gang. And if you can, go donate some money to the charity of your choice. Monetary donations are the best way to help.

If you have any questions for me, feel free to ask away in the comments section. I'll do my best to answer or point you in the right direction.

3 Comments:

Blogger Zwieblein said...

Is there a way to hear your interview?

September 01, 2005 1:38 PM  
Blogger H said...

I don't know, honestly. I think they're supposed to call me back today and I'll ask then.

September 01, 2005 1:57 PM  
Blogger junebee said...

Interviewed by a station in Ireland? Very cool!

September 01, 2005 9:03 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home