Sunday, October 02, 2005

Home

I got back Thursday night from my trip to the South for hurricane coverage. Because I had to stay in Florida, I ended up driving more than 1,300 miles in four days. Eesh. So, yeah, I'm little tired of driving.

The trip was eye-opening, the destruction was like nothing I have ever seen. It was certainly worse than what I saw when I went into Florida right after Hurricane Charley last year.

I saw good things and horrible things. What people need is the public to stay involved in the recovery for years - not days, weeks, or just months. Stay involved, volunteer, send money.

More later.

4 Comments:

Blogger Zwieblein said...

What's in that picture?

October 02, 2005 11:38 AM  
Blogger Eric M said...

that's a staircase. Likely all that is left of the original building.

October 02, 2005 12:57 PM  
Blogger H said...

Yup, a staircase. It's in Biloxi and it's all that was remaining in a trailer park.

October 02, 2005 10:27 PM  
Blogger junebee said...

So, are you coming to see the remains of Hurricane Wilma?

October 24, 2005 8:38 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home