Thursday, November 17, 2005

Hung Up

You know, even if I think she's a tad odd in the personality area, Madonna still knows how to make a kick-ass dance song. I am completely in love with her new song "Hung Up." It samples the old Abba song "Gimme Gimme Gimme," and it works really, really well. I don't understand how anyone would be able to sit still while listening to it - well, except for my brother. He'd be afraid of turning gay should he even tap his foot to some sort of dance song, especially if it's a Madonna song. You may as well put him in a pink dress and give him a purse.

The video is awesome, too, because there's some phenomenal dancing in it. I'm such a loser, I watched the "Making Of..." for her video last night. I know, I know, I lost some brain cells on that one. But it was interesting. She says the song is an homage to the disco era and John Travolta. She's even wearing a classy pink dance leotard and socks with high heels in it. Awesome.

Click here to check out the video, but beware that Madonna's butt really hangs out of her leotard - which is frightening in itself, but what makes it more frightening is that her butt is so muscular it could probably break a cinder block. Be afraid, be very afraid.

Anyway, I haven't heard her new album yet, but hopefully it's better than her "Music" album. That one had two or three good songs on it, the rest of it was crap. She hasn't had an amazing album since "Ray of Light."

And here's some trivia about me: Madonna is the only music artist I would sleep outside to get tickets for. I don't normally like going to concerts that much - even if I love the particular band. I just get bored really quickly. But Madonna, her shows are amazing and I'd fight a few friends of Dorothy's to get tickets.

I can't believe I just wrote an entire post about Madonna. Well, at least it's not about Britney Spears. Then I'd really go punch myself in the face.

6 Comments:

Blogger Amy Sens said...

Thanks for the image of Eric in a pink dress with a purse. I don't know how to feel. Or even if that "Thanks" was meant ironically.

November 17, 2005 12:15 PM  
Blogger junebee said...

Her new album is getting alot of good reviews. I liked the old 80's Madonna music, maybe I would like this.

November 17, 2005 2:32 PM  
Blogger H said...

Madonna now is very different from the younger Madonna. I think her musical talent has gotten mostly better with age. She's changed styles a little, too. Her dance music is really good. Junebee - do you have Ray of Light? That's an awesome album.

November 17, 2005 3:33 PM  
Blogger Zwieblein said...

That was indeed awesome-- and I like how no one sweats. If they could teach me how to do that, I'd be unstoppable.

November 18, 2005 8:49 AM  
Blogger Eric M said...

ummm, yeah.

Personally, I feel she's been in the crapper ever since she decided to start writing her own music.

And you're right about dancing to a Madonna song. However, there is plenty of other music I'll dance to. Ask anyone who was with me on Halloween in the Oregon District.

Oh yeah, check out this great site. It's a lot of fun...nevermind...

November 19, 2005 10:21 PM  
Blogger Viraj said...

True Blue is still my favorite Madonna album ever, and its even in my top 10 all time favorite albums.

November 20, 2005 7:36 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home