Friday, December 30, 2005

2005 Year in Review

Would you look at this - it's almost 2006. Oh how the year slips by so quickly. I've been thinking of the good and challenging moments of my year to review for this post, and it took a look back through the blog to remind myself just what all I've been up to in the past 365 days. And during that, I decided to put up my blog's greatest hits again over there on the sidebar.

Anyway, 2005. What a year. Some highlights in no particular order:
-Took a college meteorology course and got an A.

-Visited 13 states for work - some more than once. (Florida, Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, Texas, Pennsylvania, New Jersey, New Hampshire, Ohio, Indiana, West Virginia, D.C., and New York)

-Became artistic director of the improv troupe I'm in. We're now becoming a recognizable name in the city and are being booked for many shows. Our quality has improved significantly and I'm learning how to be a better teacher and director.

-Had several invasive tests to figure out what's wrong with my stomach. Why is that a highlight - especially if they didn't figure it out? I don't know. I guess it let me know that I do tend to hold my stress in my innards. That's what I'm blaming it on now. I think I'm learning how to cope with it better.

-Taught basic computer courses to senior citizens.

-Saw two Cincinnati Bengals games in person, and watched them make the playoffs for the first time in 15 years.

-Entered into the third year of marriage with the best woman in the whole world.

Hmm, I know there are other highlights, but I can't think of them at this moment. I'm sure I'll think of more as the day goes by. I'll add them as they're thought of.

In any case, Happy New Year, folks. I hope it's a good year for everyone.

4 Comments:

Blogger junebee said...

The description of the invasive stomach procedure is what got me started reading your blog. Happy New Year.

December 30, 2005 3:25 PM  
Blogger Viraj said...

DC? Is that really a state? And should it count when you live in a suburb of that "state"?

January 03, 2006 9:16 AM  
Blogger Amy Sens said...

Awwww..... *blush*

January 04, 2006 2:24 PM  
Blogger H said...

I think DC counts as a state on this list. Plus, it's my list - so I'll make it a state if I want to. ;)

My main point was just that I traveled a helluva lot this past year.

January 05, 2006 12:36 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home