Thursday, December 01, 2005

A happy holiday

For those of you who thought I died of food poisoning from defrosting the turkey in the bathtub, I'm fine. We're all still here. In fact, there's Amy and my dad ripping into the delicious turkey fresh from the oven.

We had a great time, lots of good food and more. I also saw the new Harry Potter movie - which was pretty good but way too long. Plus I could tell they were chopping out huge sections of the book. I know that makes sense when the book is 400+ pages long, but still, it was jumpy. And it just would not end. Maybe I wasn't in the right mood to see it.

The fam and I also hit up beautiful Harpers Ferry, West Virginia, for some sight-seeing on Saturday. What an awesome town! So full of history and I'm definitely going back when it's warmer weather. I went canoeing out there this past summer and had a ball.

In any case, can you believe it's December already? 25 more days til Christmas folks. Part of my Thanksgiving weekend also included picking out our first Christmas tree. Amy and I are staying home for Christmas, too, our first holiday on our own. I'm excited about that. So, we went to Target to find a nice fake tree that didn't look like someone glued thin green strips of plastic to a pole.

We found a beauty, and it's now up in the living room. We've been keeping a close eye on mischievous Tuesday the Cat, but so far she's only tried eating a branch or two. I'm sure she'll end up trying to climb it at some point, but she's been good so far. Although - last night I caught her sitting in the chair next to the tree just staring at it. I know she's up to something, planning her route to the summit of the tree.

Anyway, here's a glowing-eyed photo of our kitty exploring the new tree. She is trying to hide, but I don't think she's figured out yet that her coloring doesn't exactly make her camouflaged around evergreen trees.


You'll notice in this photo that Tuesday is licking her lips. That's because she just tried eating a branch. She has to taste-test everything we bring into the apartment.


Anywho, I had a nice holiday weekend. Hope everyone else did, too.

2 Comments:

Blogger amberance said...

I'd better not show those pictures of Tuesday to Kristen - she doesn't know she supposed to try and climb the Christmas tree(s).

December 01, 2005 10:22 AM  
Blogger junebee said...

I'm expecting a Christmas tree disaster any day now, despite the fact that we put the tree on a table (just so it takes them LONGER to get to it!).

Have a happy first Christmas together, Heather and Amy.

December 01, 2005 9:58 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home