Tuesday, December 20, 2005

High School High

Editor's Note: I have the package revenge idea narrowed down, will post results soon

Okay, I've seen this on a few other blogs and found it really interesting. I'm answering it now mostly because I'd like to see how some of you folks respond to the questions. Plus, come on - don't you all want to hear how nerdy I was in high school? What? You already guessed as much? Nice.

Take this survey about your High School memories.

1) Where did you graduate from and what year?
Vandalia Butler High School, 1996 (Vandalia, Ohio)

2) Did you have school pride?
I suppose so. I liked making fun of the school, but I had fun cheering on our teams too.

3) Was your Prom a night to remember?
If by "a night to remember" you mean "both Proms included a gay date whom I had a blast with because they actually danced", then yes. I loved both my proms. Never went with a significant other, just guys I knew that would have fun with.

4) What was your favorite song you danced to the night of Prom?
I don't know - probably Baby Got Back or something else with a fun beat.

5) Do you own all 4 yearbooks?
Oh yes.

6) Do you remember the First CD you ever bought?
Counting Crows, "August and Everything After."

7)What was your favorite Movie in High School?
Close tie between "Wayne's World" and "Tommy Boy."

8.)What was your number one choice of College in HS?
Butler University, but then I switched to loving Ohio University. I'm happy with the choice I made.

9) What radio station(s) did you jam out to in highschool?
Z93 and 103.9, the alternative station.

10) Were you involved in any organizations or clubs?
Oh my god, yes. Everything. I was an extra-curricular nerd. Band, Spanish Club, Drama Club, National Honor Society, the Cross County Team, Muse Machine (nerdy arts club). I'm sure there were more, but that's all I can think of right now. Band took up the majority of my time.

11)What were your favorite classes in High School?
English and Spanish. I also took the radio and tv production classes, which were very fun.

12) Who was your big crush in Highschool?
Joanna.

13) Would you say you've changed a lot since high school?
Yes and no. I'm still the same easy-going person with a sense of humor who tries to get along with everyone, yet the major internal emotional struggles of my high school days are long behind me. I think I'm much, much more mature and comfortable with myself now than I was in high school.

14) What do you miss the most about it?
Seeing the close friends whom I've mostly lost touch with now. Other than that, not much.

15) Your worst memory of HS?
Too deep for this blog. Sorry, folks.

16) Did you have a car?
Yup. For a while it was this awesome '85 Ford Ranger that had power NOTHING on it. It was a sticks-shift and had a mismatch hood and fender because my brother wrecked it. I loved that truck. Then dad bought a new truck for himself and let me use his old car - an '95 Toyota Celica GT. I also loved that car and was teary when he finally sold it.

17) What were your school colors?
Purple and Gold.

18) Who were your favorite teachers?
Ah, so many. I loved my Spanish teacher. She was weird, but made the class fun usually. I also loved two of my English teachers who really encouraged my writing and made me so much better by challenging me. And the drama teacher was awesome too. The asst. band director also was a favorite of mine.

19) Did you own a cell phone in highschool?
Are you kidding? If that had actually been possible, it would've been one of those 20lb ones that you had to carry a suitcase around with. Hell no.

20) Did you leave campus for lunch?
Nope, we weren't allowed to. And because I was a goody-two-shoes, I never did.

21) If so, where was your favorite place to go eat?
I'm so bland, my lunch everyday was a cheese sandwich. For four solid years. I don't think I ever strayed from my cheese sandwich.

22) Were you always late to class?
Never.

23) Did you ever have to stay for Saturday School?
Actually, I was well-behaved in high school. No detentions.

24) Did you ever Ditch?
Of course not. Again, I was a goody-goody.

25) When it comes time for the reunion will you be there?
I haven't decided yet. I didn't go to the five year. I'm not sure if I want to go to the ten year because for the most part, I've stayed in touch with the people I've wanted to.

4 Comments:

Blogger Tara said...

I always thought Saturday school was for Jewish kids? Maybe it means something different in the midwest?

December 21, 2005 9:11 AM  
Blogger H said...

Yeah, detention or worse. Like the Breakfast Club.

December 21, 2005 11:19 AM  
Blogger d said...

Fun! I've answered the questions over on my blog.

December 21, 2005 1:14 PM  
Blogger Zwieblein said...

I'm going to be a jerk and leave the whole damn survey right here:
1)Pflugerville High School, 1994

2) Hard to say; I liked school, but was pretty sardonic about overly enthusiastic proponents of school pride. I made alternative lyrics up to various school songs..

3) Heh—I went to three, and none was really spectacular..

4)Not a clue.

5)Technically, but I have no idea where they are right now..

6) The Smiths, “Louder Than Bombs”

7)Ouf, probably “Much Ado About Nothing”

8.)University of Texas at Austin.

9) 107.7, KNNC—alternative before “alternative” had become a genre.

10) Heh—German club (dork!), choir, Nat’l Honor Society, band (dorkier!), environmental club,….

11) English, German,and French.

12) Hm, I think the guy’s name was Josh, but I can’t remember—it all seemed so important back then.

13) Most definitely—although I’m still an overachiever, I’m much more laid back, and if I met myself today, I probably wouldn’t be able to stand the younger me.

14) Nothing, really...

15) I can’t think of anything right now-- maybe having one of the flute players trip me in a marching band performance.

16) My senior year, I got a CRX.

17) Blue and gold.

18) German; as well as freshman, junior, and senior English; French.

19) They weren’t even available to the general public when I was in high school.

20)Rarely.

21) N/A.

22) Never.

23) Never.

24) Again, never.

25) Didn’t go to the ten year; I might go to the next one, but only if the two people I stay in touch with go as well.

December 29, 2005 2:39 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home