Friday, December 09, 2005

Vanity?

While driving over to pick up Amy from work last night, I ended up behind a red VW Passat wagon. The vanity plate cracked me up - "VAMPIRE."

Aren't vampires supposed to be a little more undetectable than that? Do you really want to label yourself like that? You may as well just send your home address to Buffy. Or drive in a car full of mirrors.

But it gets better. As I drove past Count Dracula's family wagon, I noticed a handi-capped parking placard hanging from the rearview mirror. Come on, Nosferatu - are we supposed to be afraid of you? You're driving a labelled station wagon with a handicap placard. I expect a little better from our immortal undead blood drinking friends out there. Next thing I know you're going to call to reschedule your attack on me because your son's playdate fell through.

2 Comments:

Blogger junebee said...

Hey, even vampires can be handicapped too!

December 09, 2005 2:42 PM  
Blogger Zwieblein said...

There's a car on campus that, via its license plate, proclaims its owner an "ECO FAG." Pretty good, as far as to-the-point identity proclamation goes.

December 09, 2005 4:57 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home