Thursday, January 19, 2006

Three Things

Since I was tagged by Amy, I have to now tell you three things that you may not know about me. This was a challenge because many of you know me very well. Plus, I'm fairly open. And then the things you may not know about me may also be things I don't want to post on a blog. So, here's what I could come up with.

1. I've never had a broken bone. I cracked my nose while playing basketball once, but it was not broken. It did lead to a cool head X-ray, though, something which my parents say I should've had done long ago. Anyway, I've had stitches, glued cuts, scrapes and bruises - but no broken bones.

2. I hate all brown pop. Coke, Pepsi, RC, Dr. Pepper, Tab, Mr. Pib - whatever, it's all nasty. I think this is because I never drank a lot of pop growing up, so it doesn't really appeal to me. I'll only drink pop like ginger ale, 7up or grape stuff while at parties.

3. My friend Katie and I had a morning radio show in college called "Betty and the Spleen." My favorite memories from it:
-Our regular segment called "Why did they ever make this song?" where we'd play some horrible old song and make fun of it.
-On Ohio's birthday one year we called my mom and interviewed her about why she, a resident of Ohio for many years, loved the state. It was a fantastic and very funny interview, she should be a radio personality herself.

Bonus fourth thing (because I was happy I could even think of up three things, let alone four):
-I cannot handle being in murky water. You will never find me swimming in a pond, river or lake if I cannot see what's in the water all the way down to the bottom. I may wade in up to my knees, but I will not go deeper or swim in it. The ocean scares me, too, but I'll go in there if someone else goes in with me.

And now I get to tag some other folks for this fun 3 Things list. You're it, Amber, Eric and Shannon.

Edit: Actually, everyone should do this. Don't wait for me to tag you. I'd like to read everyone's unknown facts.

6 Comments:

Blogger junebee said...

And my 3 things (and more!) are unknown for a REASON!

January 21, 2006 10:37 AM  
Blogger H said...

Kate, I'm sticking with my Midwestern roots. Although your observation is scary.

January 23, 2006 10:44 AM  
Blogger Viraj said...

I agree with Kate. Actually, I read it as brown poop at first. I sort of understand why you would hate brown poop, but I was wondering if you were ok with bird poop since it isn't brown...

January 23, 2006 8:56 PM  
Blogger H said...

I think the bigger worry here is that you folks all have poop on the mind in the first place.

January 24, 2006 10:11 AM  
Blogger Eric M said...

I think this is a family thing. I will drink Coke from time to time (as opposed to coke which use from time to time) but stay away from it.

Mom and dad don't drink it.

Personally, I never adapted to the carbonation in pop. Or soda, for that matter.

January 24, 2006 12:26 PM  
Blogger d said...

*poop*

January 25, 2006 9:04 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home