Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Cell Phone

I finally got my new cell phone on Tuesday and it's amazing. It's officially my work phone, which is cool because it's so expensive that I never would've bought one like it on my own. I am the proud owner of a Treo 650, which is super cool.

The cell phone I had before was archaic based on today's phones, meaning it was more than four years old. It was so old that no one sold hands-free devices for it anymore. But this new phone, not only did it come with a hands-free headset, but it also is Blue Tooth enabled.

That means I'm now one of those people. You know, the ones who look like they're talking to themselves because you can't see the cell phone earpiece or mic hanging off of them. I've not yet invested in the "I belong with the Borg" Blue Tooth wireless headsets, but I'll do that eventually.

In any case, I'm now using the headset as frequently as possible. I've called Amy with it approximately 15 times now - usually for very pointless reasons. Today I was in the grocery store and I called her twice.

Me: "Hey, I'm at the grocery store."
Amy: "Okay."
Me: "Just in case you needed to know."
Amy: "Okay."
Me: "So, um, do you need anything?"

And so on. 10 minutes later I called her because I wasn't sure if the 93% ground turkey meant that it was the 7% fat stuff we liked, or if it was in fact only 93% turkey and 7% a mixture of other birds they just found sitting around the farm. I'm lucky she loves me.

So, anyway, this phone is super awesome. Sorry if I sound like a PalmOne ad, but it is. I finally have a portable calendar again. Sure, while waiting for another phone I could've bought a dayplanner and actually written stuff in it with a pen, but that's so 1999. The phone also takes awesome photos and even video. Hell, I can even record my own ringtones.

Be ready, world. Be ready.

5 Comments:

Blogger amberance said...

Picture phones are dangerous. I found this out in Vegas when I saw some parts of my friends body that I never, ever needed to see.

March 15, 2006 5:22 PM  
Blogger Rob said...

Oooh-- the 650 is awesome; the 700 went Windoze and is horrifying.

I'm jealous. Does the 650 do wireless g networking?

March 15, 2006 6:17 PM  
Blogger junebee said...

Congratulations on moving up in the tech world!

That was funny about the ground turkey. I'm always suspicious of it anyway. It can pass for hamburger in spaghetti sauce if a beef boullion cube and Worcestershire sauce are added.

March 15, 2006 8:12 PM  
Blogger d said...

For your ringtone, I think you should record yourself saying "ring ring".

March 16, 2006 9:15 AM  
Blogger Darcey said...

Hooray for technology!! I'm one of those people with the headset for my phone, and 90% of the time, my hair is covering it, so I really do look like I'm talking to myself.
Ooh, and I love me some ground turkey - g/t meatloaf is the best!

March 17, 2006 9:30 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home