Thursday, March 09, 2006

Dark-Sided Painter of Light

On Tuesday I was reading this LA Times article about Thomas Kinkade - the "painter of light." I can't stand his paintings, they're atrociously ugly. Anyway, apparently he's a hardcore Christian but has a darker side (read the article for more).

I thought it was funny that, according to the article, Kinkade once got hugely wasted in Vegas and heckled Siegfried and Roy during a show. So I shared that story with Amy during our Google Chat session.

me: haha, Kinkade once got so drunk in vegas he heckled siegfriend and roy during a show. Here's the LA Times quote on it:
"I think it was Roy or Siegfried or whatever had a codpiece in his leo­tard­s," Dandois test­i­fied. "And so when the show started, Thom just started yelling, 'Cod­piece, cod­piece,' and had to be quieted by his mother and Nanette."

Amy: This is his dark side? You would do that if I paid you $10

And of course, she's completely right. Touché, Amy, touché.

3 Comments:

Blogger junebee said...

Hee, hee! I know some people who'd not only do that for 10 bucks, but would PAY for the privilege!

These born-again people really get my goat. They're the worst.

March 09, 2006 10:43 AM  
Blogger Tara said...

I once dated a guy and thought things were going really well. Then I went over to his house. And I said to him "___, we need to talk." and he said "Yeah?" and I said "Can you please explain to me why you have a Thomas Kinkade painting?" (To his credit, it is one of the gloomier T.K. paintings I ever saw.) I would certainly consider purchasing a Thomas Kinkade "art" grounds for divorce.

March 09, 2006 10:44 AM  
Blogger Amy Sens said...

It looks like he's an alchoholic. Or maybe just an obnoxious drunk.

March 10, 2006 9:55 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home