Monday, March 27, 2006

Moments

Some favorite moments of my trip thus far.

Two overheard quotes from the Atlanta airport:

#1- "If I go to the bathroom, someone's going to have to hold this penguin."

#2- "These are all just fast food churches, and they're serving junk food."

And the spectacle of seeing about 50 Amish men in full traditional garb (beards, hats, suspenders, everything) getting off a very new, posh bus.

Oh, just thought of another one: What it must have looked like to outsiders who viewed me in my closed car swatting at the 1,000 chiggers that swarmed into my car after I left the door open too long. I was also swearing and yelling because those little buggers hurt when they bite. Yeah, I was a loud, seizuring woman flailing about in my car. Thankfully I was not driving at the time.

5 Comments:

Blogger junebee said...

Amish on the bus?! Cool. I come from Amish country. Have to admit I've never seen them on a bus.

Maybe they're not really Amish. They just play Amish men on TV...

March 28, 2006 10:12 AM  
Blogger Darcey said...

Did you have fun in good ol' Hartsfield-Jackson? That airport can be the bane of my existence at times. At other times, it reaches barely passable. Give me McCarran back in Vegas - at least there I can sit and lose a couple bucks on the slots before I'm herded onto a plane!

March 28, 2006 10:18 AM  
Blogger amberance said...

#1 is the kind of thing I always wish I had occasion to say.

March 28, 2006 5:09 PM  
Blogger H said...

The Amish guys were disaster relief volunteers. They do some amazing work. They were being bused in from Ohio by Mennonite Disaster Service.

As for the Atlanta airport - it sucks. They charge for their wireless internet access there, which is stupid.

And the penguin comment, I almost wished I hadn't turned around to see why the person said it. The woman was carrying a very large stuffed penguin with her, hence the comment. I kinda just wish I'd heard the statement and not looked. Imagination is more fun.

March 28, 2006 9:48 PM  
Blogger Tara said...

I love the fast-food church comment. And of course I love the Amish.

March 31, 2006 8:58 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home