Saturday, March 25, 2006

Off

And the work travel has finally begun again. I'm off to Mississippi until next Thursday.

In the meantime, I had the fun of teaching improv to kids twice in the past two weeks. It's funny - at first I was against the idea. I thought it would just be me baby-sitting them and having to chase them around (they ranged in age from a first grader to two fourth graders). But actually, they were more fun and more open than the adults that took the class.

Improv is so natural for kids, they are always making things up and pretending, and their imaginations know no boundaries. The kids did some hilarious scenes during the class. Some highlights:

Kid 1: I just discovered my friend has halitosis.
Kid 2: Really? I just discovered that I'm going to die in fifteen minutes.
Kid 1: That's bad. I hope we can cure everything.

Adult: Frogs have three legs.
Kid: I met a camel with one leg.
Adult: Wow!
Kid: Yeah, we should get them together and have a reunion for all these weird animals.

Maybe you had to be there, but they were cracking me up. The experience certainly changed my mind about teaching improv to kids.

Anyway, I'll try to blog whilst on the road. Considering how long it takes to fly to Gulfport (I have really long layovers), I'm sure I'll have some time.

3 Comments:

Blogger The Kate Jones said...

What's that annoying sound? Is it... Could it be... Your biological clock telling you to make improv babies?
I guess they'd be like Muppett Babies, only with good jokes.

March 25, 2006 10:47 AM  
Blogger junebee said...

Yeah, kids usually do really good at that stuff because they're not as self-conscious as adults.

March 25, 2006 2:53 PM  
Blogger Darcey said...

Good luck in Gulfport - I've been down there a few times in the last couple months. If you run into a hot electrical engineer named Bob from Atlanta, run, don't walk, away! :)

March 27, 2006 10:15 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home