Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Sniff

There are many reasons I hate the winter season. One of them is sickness. Normally I can make it through the cold and flu season with maybe one cold. I'm a fairly health person when it comes to that stuff. Yet this year the rhinoviruses have been kicking my butt.

I've had two colds in the past month. This most recent one I blame on the weather-change from Florida to Maryland. I've spent the past week in a fog of a cold. It doesn't help that all the day-time cold medicine that I've tried out makes me feel loopy.

Saturday night was fun because I almost completely lost my voice to the cold. All day Sunday I sounded like a cross between a heavy smoker and a pubescent boy, both deeply talking and occasionally cracking and squeaking.

And it's great when people go, "Holy crap, you sound horrible." First of all - really? Here I thought sounding like a Drag Queen at age 14 was something everyone aspired to. Second of all - thanks. I love having my impending death from a nasal drowning pointed out to me.

Also, Amy can always tell where I am in the house for several reasons:

1- I leave a trail of kleenex.
2- That's not the cat that's hacking and clearing its throat.
3- The groans of, "I'm dying, oh God, I'm dying" are also easily heard throughout the apartment....
4- ...As are the yelled phrases of, "Why do my sinuses hate me?!" and "Man, if I ever see a sinus on the street, I'm totally going to kicks its ass."

So here's hoping everyone else out there is healthy and drinking their orange juice.

1 Comments:

Blogger junebee said...

My mom says she usually gets sick when she returns to southeastern Pennsylvania from Florida.

I hate nagging colds. It's even worse when one has kids. The same cold just keeps going around and around.

Hope you feel better soon. Herbal tea has helped me in the past. I hate sinus infections too and never had them till I moved to Florida.

March 08, 2006 2:22 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home