Friday, April 07, 2006

Good Times
I got to hang out in DC last night, which is always fun. Sometimes I forget how cool a city it is. The improv troupe was performing at the DC Comedy Festival.

I tell ya, there's nothing like putting eight improvisers into one minivan and keeping them in it for about an hour. There was singing and dancing, horribly obscene jokes, and shouted directions as everyone yelled out the lyrics for Usher's "Yea!."

The show went pretty well, too. In one short 20-minute set, I got to rub my nose on the floor and pretend I was a My Little Pony poster. There's some theater for you.

After the show, we headed over to Tryst in Adam's Morgan for a round-up of drinks and silliness. I added some photos of the fun to my Flickr site, so scroll down and look at the link on the right for some photos. The photo above shows my drink choice vs. that of fellow troupe member Jody. He's a wine guy. It had been some time since I'd been PBR'd, so I had to indulge.

We didn't get home til late, after another fun minivan ride - this time with several inebriated players singing along with Nelly, Styx, The Eagles, Sean Paul and Kelly Clarkson. Don't tell us we're not an eclectic bunch.

This weekend should be fun. I'm rock-climbing Saturday morning, then it's off to a birthday dinner that evening. On Sunday it's a Red Sox game and then improv practice.

And from there I head to Tennessee for four days to cover tornado recovery. Busy busy busy, but that's okay. Better than being bored.

3 Comments:

Blogger junebee said...

Sounds like a rollickin' good time. I didn't think anyone even drank PBR anymore. I can't even remember the last time I saw it in the store.

April 07, 2006 2:58 PM  
Blogger amberance said...

Just picturing eight improvisers in one minivan made me laugh out loud.

April 10, 2006 1:55 PM  
Blogger Zwieblein said...

Been meaning to ask: how does one imitate a My Little Pony poster? Sadly, I remember the original theme song from the '80s. Now trying to get it out of my head...

April 13, 2006 10:18 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home