Friday, April 21, 2006

Photo Phriday

Ah, Friday - what a wonderful day. My Friday blog post is all about photos. To start it off, I just added some new cell phone photos to my Flickr page, so scroll down and click that link if you want to check them out. I love my cell phone camera.

And secondly, the most important part: Yesterday when I was uploading the cell phone photos, my loving wife wanted me to take one down. I viewed it as harmless (a photo of her dozing off at the Orioles game we went to), but she didn't like it. Thus, a small battle began. She threatened that if I didn't take it down, that she'd scan the senior photo of me she has in her wallet and post it on her blog as retaliation. I called her bluff, saying she had no access to a scanner and if she were to do such a thing - it would so totally "be on."

Shortly after that exchange (gotta love Google chat), I received an email from Amy with a digitized version of my high school senior photo. Oh man, she does have access to a scanner.

I had already removed the dozing-off photo of her, but now I thought - you know, it would be fun to start a "Post An Embarrassing Photo of Yourself" inter-blog thingee. Why shouldn't I let you wonderful readers see my high school senior photo? It's humorous enough for all to enjoy.

Then I worried. What if someone randomly passed through the blog and decided that my high school photo was so hilarious that they would have to right-click and save it and email it around to all their friends? What if I became some silly internet phenomenon - That chick with the big hair and saxophone? Then what if people spent time trying to track me down for news stories - "Everyone wants to know who the crazy big-haired saxophonist is - well News Channel 8 FOUND HER!!"

I'm giving this blog and the internet world perhaps too much credit - but you never know. And honestly, I wouldn't care if people saw this photo - everyone has embarrassing school photos. So laugh all you want - I still know that somewhere in your attic or your parents' house is a whole stash of photos of you with your "I love the Cure" hair or "I have a tremendous overbite" smile or "Look at my awesome tight-rolled jeans and cinched sweater with crimped hair" overall image.

But, anyway, I still decided to black-bar my face. Which actually makes the photo even funnier. And so without further ado, here is one of my senior portraits from high school - circa 1996.
Admit it, you think it's totally awesome.

But after I looked at this edited version further, it just didn't seem human enough with that criminal-like black bar. So I edited it more to make it better.

There, much better.

So, if you feel like participarting in the "Post An Embarrassing Photo of Yourself" thingee, go right ahead. If not, no big deal. I just had to share this and beat Amy to the punch - not that she had planned to do it herself since I removed the offending photo of her.

And if you're curious, I also have Amy's senior photo in my wallet. Maybe I'll go find a scanner myself.

6 Comments:

Blogger Amy Sens said...

If you've got a scanner, go ahead and post it.

April 21, 2006 10:31 AM  
Blogger junebee said...

The googley eyes are a nice touch!

April 21, 2006 2:31 PM  
Blogger Tara said...

what was it about marching band that made parents feel it necessary to get extra photos of their kid with their instrument? At least you were wearing street clothes and not your marching band outfit!

April 22, 2006 4:25 PM  
Blogger H said...

Actually, the saxophone inclusion was my idea. I had many other band friends who included their instrument in one of their portraits. Plus, I loved the thing (and still do), and had spent so much time learning to play it. You know, it was important to me.

So, you know, nerdiness spawns more nerdiness.

April 23, 2006 8:51 PM  
Blogger d said...

haha...I have a nerdy band picture somewhere...I believe I am also wearing a beret and acid-washed jeans!

April 25, 2006 9:23 AM  
Blogger Eric M said...

What losers you band people are.

I as able to achieve a high level of nerdiness without even joining the band.

April 26, 2006 3:21 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home